Monday, February 25, 2008

Herbert and Donne

Hi guys,
I was doing some research on George Herbert and I came upon this website: http://win.laent.it/apprendimento~ricerca~in~classe/metaphisical%20poetry%20front%20page/Analysis%20Easter%20wings%20%20Herbert.htm

It compares Easter-Wings to other works by Herbert, and addresses Donne as a poet as well. It also suggested something interseting about the shape of the poem. It says that the hourglass shape (Theresa!) is representative of the spiritual tension towards a man's soul. I'm not a hundred percent sure I understand or agree with that analysis, but I wanted to put it up for anyone to ponder.
:)
Anisha

3 comments:

Albert said...

No offense, but I'm not digging that site very much.
But regardless, it does make a few good points.
I don't know what he/she/it means by religious tension either.

aaand that's pretty much all i have to say. I think we covered everything in class.

Anisha said...

Thanks, Albert. I admit, it isn't the best sight, but it's one of the only analysis' I could find on the poetry we're reading.

Elizabeth Johnson said...

I commented a (VERY WRONG) mini-explication of "The Collar" in the post "Oh, Milton!" (which is where Fatima said we could discuss the poems, so I don't want to hear how you people couldn't find it). So you can check it out if you so choose... but like I said, VERY WRONG.

Anisha your site was much more helpful than what was in my brain. So thanks!