Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Coat of Arms in Real Life

I walked into my room this afternoon, and while trying to grab something from my bookshelf, I took a peek at my dance trophies. I realized that many of them could be imitations of coats-of-arms. I'm not one hundred percent sure, because their style is different, but I think the basic idea is the same. Here's a site with similar trophies on it:

http://www.raymondstrophycenter.com/html/Trophies.php

There is no actual shield, but many of the elements are the same. Each trophee has different elements from the various sports represented on them. There are symbols of that sport every where. There is also a wreath on many of them. While there isn't a motto, there is usually a place at the bottom for an inscription.

I'm not sure if this applies 100%, but I thought I'd post it and find out ! Does anyone care to disagree with me?

1 comment:

Albert said...

Just some random stuff I found in my room. Most of them probably would fall under crests rather than coats of arms...

UMD logo
swiss army knife crest
seal of USA
National latin exam medal
baltimore ravens crest/shield