Monday, January 7, 2008

Poetry Slam

I thought I would post some of the important info. on here so we can have a place to discuss and finalize the details.

Date: Monday, January 21 (MLK Day)
Time: 7 pm - 9 pm
Place: First Presbyterian Church's Fellowship Hall
Ticket Price: $5? (we should decide this together/ask Laz what it has been in years past)

The FPC is reserved for us from 6 pm - 9:30 pm, giving us ample time to set up/clean up.
Anisha made a flyer when she made the sign-up binder (which is in Laz's room), so we can probably just mass produce those and stick them up around the school. We should also decide who is going to talk to which English teachers. We also need to make a flyer to put up in businesses on Main Street, and then actually put them up.

Liz- you went and talked to SUDS before break, but maybe we should update them? How exactly do they want to be involved?

Albert is talking to Acme, and Anisha- you're talking to Starbucks, right?

Did you guys have a chance to check out the charity I mentioned? If you didn't, the website is http://www.herocampaign.org. Please check it out tonight. I want to e-mail the directors and see if we can get a representative from the charity to come to the event, but I don't want to do that until we're sure it's the charity we want to do. Let me know! :)

5 comments:

Anisha said...

Hi guys,
Like Kelsie said, I made a flyer which could work for mass production, if we all agree to it.

I can talk to Starbucks over this weekend.

Elizabeth Johnson said...

I have a template for tickets on my computer as well as cardstock to print them on, so I'll make up a ticket sheet to be copied.

I talked to SUDs -- specifically Mrs. Ericson and Kirsten van Fossen (one of the presidents, the other is Erica Serpico). Mrs. Ericson said that the club would be interested in helping out but she didn't specifically say what they wanted to do. Kirsten confirmed the fact that they would be interested in helping. They've only had one meeting since the beginning of December and I've heard they got a lot of new members in the past couple of weeks so I'm not sure what they want to/can do. If anyone can think of how their club can help, post suggestions!

Fatima said...

I could go talk to the English teachers.

Anisha said...

What about if SUDS tried to do some advertising or something? We can reach the English teachers, but if they can put in an annoucement, and help put up the flyers around school, that would be helpful?

Albert said...

I couldn't get through to the store manager today (mr. gross manages another acme now). I'll call tomorrow after school and sort food out.