Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wittenberg

I'm not sure how much interest there is in going to see Wittenberg, but I thought I'd post the information here so we can decide and plan accordingly.

Arden Theatre Company
40 N. 2nd St., Philadelphia
215.922.1122

Synopsis:
"Set during late October of 1517, this smart, sprightly and audacious battle of wits features university colleagues Dr. Faustus (a man of appetites), Martin Luther (a man of faith), and their student Hamlet, Prince of Denmark (a youth struggling not only with his beliefs but also with his tennis game). Playwright David Davalos brings us the story behind the stories in a highly entertaining and accessible exploration of reason versus faith, starring Scott Greer as Faustus and Greg Wood as Luther." (http://www.ardentheatre.org/2008/wittenberg.html)

It is playing from January 17 - March 16, 2008. The pricing is a little steeper, but they do have some student and teen discounts. The cheapest shows are Sunday night at 7 pm, Tuesday night at 7 pm, Wednesday night at 6:30 pm, Thursday night at 8 pm, or Saturday afternoon at 2 pm. These shows usually cost $29 per person, but the student rate (valid student ID) is $27, and the teen rate (17 and under) is $18. (Could we just order the tickets online and all say that we are teens? Is that immoral?)

I know this is planning pretty far in advance since we probably won't be able to go until after midterms (end of Jan/beggining of Feb), but I just thought of it and figured it'd be good to have all of the info in one place.

3 comments:

Albert said...

Question, do student discounts only count for college students, or do they extend to high school students as well?

I should be ok to go any day of the week. Saturdays are a little iffy because that's when I volunteer but if everyone wants Saturday then I can make arrangements.

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Student discounts should apply to all students, regardless of age (because there is no way I'm paying 30 bucks for a ticket)...

But anyways, I agree with Albert, weekends can be hard to schedule especially for a large(-ish) group. But we can probably find a day that suits everyone.

Anisha said...

I'll move enough things around to try to go any day. I would prefer we don't go on Sunday night because of school, but I don't have a specific complaint. :)